Water Hygiene Technician
Who we are:
We are a leading UKAS-accredited company specialising in asbestos, water hygiene, fire safety services and lead paint. Join our team and help us provide excellent service to a wide range of clients, including blue chip companies, government departments, retailers, schools, and universities
South (Head Office)
Depending on experience
What we offer:
- 22 basic holiday per annum
- Profit share scheme of up to 5% of your annual salary
- Flexible working – we’re keen to support you wherever this is possible
- Company vehicle – with personal mileage allowed at 15p per mile.
- Excellent training opportunities – we’ll pay for courses and qualifications needed for your role
- Loyalty holiday increments – you get more paid leave the longer you’ve been with us.
- Free health insurance – with the option to upgrade cover and extend it to spouses / civil partners.
- Company pension scheme – with employer’s contributions for employees aged 22 or over.
- Loyalty reward scheme – a voucher system to recognise longer service.
- Overtime – depending on workload and manager approval
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience within a simular role
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Extensive experience and skills in carrying out water hygiene duties:
- Internal and external calorifier inspections.
- Purge any debris in the base of the calorifier to a suitable drain.
- Thermal monitoring of hot and cold water systems including calorifiers, water heaters, and cold water storage tanks.
- POU water heater and combination water heater inspection and thermal monitoring.
- Internal and external cold water storage inspections.
- Light remedial works on the cold water storage tank.
- Checking thermal insulation to ensure it is intact.
- Replacing and recording the service start date and lifespan or end date POU filters.
- Visually check the salt levels and top up salt, if required. Undertake a hardness check to confirm the operation of the softener.
- Thermostatic mixing valve fail/safe test, inspection, replacement of washers and clean, descale and disinfect strainers or filters.
- Flush through expansion vessel, pressure test and recharge.
- Take microbiological samples (Legionella, Potable, Pseudomonas, fresh water) and follow resample process.
- Sample closed pipework systems (chillers, LTHW, steam boilers).
- Clean, descale and disinfect removable parts for shower heads, sprinkler heads, and spray taps.
- Water flush of hot and cold water assets (tap outlets, showers, local pipework).
- Chemical dosing unit monitoring.
- Identify and report risk areas that support Legionella bacterial growth.