UKATANon Licensable Work With Asbestos Including NNLW
This course is designed for anyone who undertakes planned work with asbestos which is not licensable.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anyone who undertakes planned work with asbestos which is not licensable. This includes those that are involved in maintenance or refurbishment work including those whose work will knowingly disturb ACMs, such as maintenance workers and their supervisors. This course is strictly required by Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
The course builds on the Asbestos Awareness course content and the guidance within includes the following elements:
1. Introduction to asbestos
2. Asbestos types and uses
3. Health effects
4. Legislation and Codes of Practice
5. Control limits and the purpose of air monitoring
6. How to make a suitable assessment of the risk of exposure to asbestos
7. Safe working practices
8. Description, use and maintenance of Control Measures
9. Prevention of spread of asbestos fibres from work area10. Prevention and reduction of exposure of employees to airborne asbestos fibres
11. Correct choice, use and where appropriate maintenance of PPE and RPE
12. Hygiene and decontamination procedures
13. Waste handling and disposal
14. Emergency procedures
15. Practical Work
16. Correct use of PPE and RPE
17. Safe working techniques
The content of this course can be tailored to customer’s specific requirements. Please contact us for more information.
Delegates are required to complete a practical assessment and short written exam to demonstrate an understanding of the course subjects.
Qualification and Certificates
Successful completion of the course will allow candidates to undertake asbestos non-licensed works in accordance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and all associated Codes of practice. All delegates who successfully complete this course are issued a UKATA certified Non Licensable Work With Asbestos Including NNLW Certificate of Competence and Achievement which can be verified on the UKATA website.
This course can be delivered at your premises or at our training facilities.