e-LearningAsbestos Awareness Online Training
Asbestos awareness training is legally required for anyone who may be exposed to asbestos containing materials during their working activities.
The training is also useful for anyone requiring a better understanding of the basic elements of asbestos in buildings and is a good “stepping stone” to more in-depth courses. Asbestos Awareness course content is governed by Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and includes the following elements:
- Properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke;
- Types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in buildings and plant;
- General procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency, e.g. uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos
A short assessment of 15 questions is included with a pass mark of 80% required to successfully complete the course.
Course Length and Certificates
The UKATA Asbestos Awareness e-learning module will take approximately 120 minutes to complete. On successful completion of the course, delegates are supplied with a UKATA Certificate for Asbestos Awareness (Category A).
Book your UKATA accredited eLearning course online and download your certificate today.
To complete the courses, users will require a browser with the Adobe Flash plug-in. We recommend the following desktop environment:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or above (IE 6 and above is supported)
- Macromedia Flash player latest version (we support version 6 and above)
- A sound card / audio ability
- To promote an appropriate learning environment this course will only run on a desktop or laptop computer
If you need to contact our eLearning team, please email us at email@example.com.