UKATADuty to Manage
This course has been designed for managers, supervisors and duty holders and provides information and guidance on the duty to manage asbestos.
Who is it for?
This course has been designed for managers, supervisors and duty holders and provides information and guidance on the duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises (Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012).
The course has been developed to extend the Asbestos Awareness course to include more emphasis on the requirements placed on the duty holder and those responsible for the day to day management of asbestos. Delegates will receive information and instruction on aspects such as development and monitoring of the Asbestos Management Plan, the implementation of safe working procedures including for emergencies, assessing the condition of asbestos containing materials and implementing management actions.
The course includes the following elements:
1. Properties of asbestos;
2. Types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in buildings;
3. Health issues in relation to asbestos exposure;
4. Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 – the duty to manage;
5. The duty-holder and their responsibilities;
6. The development and monitoring of an Asbestos Management Plan;
7. The implementation of safe working procedures;
8. Assessing the condition of ACMs and prioritising actions;
9. Implementation of management actions; and
10. The selection and monitoring of contractors.
The content of this course can be tailored to customer’s specific requirements. Please contact us for more information.
Delegates are required to complete interactive excersises throughout the day and a short written exam to demonstrate an understanding of the course subjects.
Qualification and Certificates
All delegates who successfully complete this course are issued a UKATA Certificate of Competence and Achievement which can be verified on the UKATA website and is valid for 12 months.
This course can be delivered at your premises or at our training facilities.