LOCATION: ABERDEEN, SCOTLAND
Due to an expanding workload, a vacancy has arisen for a Trainee Asbestos Surveyor to join our team in Scotland.
The role is based in our Aberdeen Office in Scotland. All training is provided for this role through both on the job and classroom based sessions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a reputable and successful company with over 20 years trading experience who can offer stability, a competitive salary and other benefits.
|Hours of Work:
||40 Hours per week
|Temp or Perm:
||Competitive Basic salary + company vehicle when qualified
Company Benefit package
|Experience / Qualifications:
- Possess GCSE grades C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
- Building/construction industry is desirable but not essential
- University graduates / qualified an advantage
- Commitment to an intensive 6 month training period
- Intensive 3-6 month training period, which will involve assisting in asbestos surveys with a desire to become an asbestos surveyor
- Learn how to take asbestos samples (known as bulk sampling)
- Input survey data using electronic documents on a tablet
- Learn how to find and assess the risk of asbestos materials
- increase your knowledge of building structures
- Interact on site with building owners and contractors
- Learn to understand risk assessments and method statements
- Knowledge of current legislation and guidance documentation
- Assisting surveyors carrying out asbestos surveys
- Produce site plans to indicate your sample locations
- Operation under our UKAS accreditation
- Be par of one of the largest environmental consultancies in the country
- Commitment to attend courses to attain the necessary qualifications
- Reliable, adaptable person with initiative who is a good team player and has a good eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure
- A full UK driving license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible (some out of hours and weekend work will apply)
- The desire to maximise their full potential through further training and site based experience
To apply for this vacancy please send a CV and covering letter using the reference above by email to email@example.com.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS certificate and satisfactory employment references.
Environtec is committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.