Environtec was established in 1994 as an independent environmental consultancy, specialising in asbestos risk management services in the South East of England.
In 1998 organic growth saw the company move from it’s original premises in Hertfordshire to its current head office based in Hatfield Peverel, Chelmsford.
After quickly gaining UKAS accreditations ISO/IEC17025:2005 “General Requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories” and ISO/IEC17020:2012 “General Criteria for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection”, the company implemented the first phase of its business expansion strategy. In 2006 Environtec opened regional offices in West Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire to service contracts in Yorkshire and the East Midlands.
Following a Management Buy Out in 2007, the business expansion continued with the opening of offices in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Wales and Scotland. This established Environtec as a truly national asbestos consultancy operating throughout the UK.
A significant level of investment has been made towards developing the network of laboratories within the UK. As a result, every office is now served by a UKAS accredited bulk laboratory except for Aberdeen which utilise the resources of our Hamilton Laboratory. This ensures that risk information and survey reports can be delivered to our customers without delay.
Environtec has in excess of 200 employees operating from seven regional offices throughout the UK and boasts one of the country’s largest network of UKAS accredited laboratories.
The company celebrated its 20th Anniversary in 2014 and is proud to be one of the leading asbestos management companies in the UK.
Our roadmap starts with our enduring mission. It declares our purpose
as a company and serves as the standard against which we weigh our
actions and decisions.
- To set the standards for professional asbestos compliance.
Our vision serves as the framework for our roadmap, guiding every
aspect of our business by describing what we need to accomplish
in order to maintain sustainable, quality growth.
- People: Be a great place to work, where people are inspired
to become the best that they can be.
- Portfolio: Provide the UK industry with a portfolio of quality
asbestos consultancy and training services that anticipate
and satisfy customers’ needs.
- Partners: Nurture a winning network of customers
and suppliers; together we create mutual, enduring value for all.
- Planet: Be a responsible member of society that makes a difference
by helping to build and support sustainable communities.
- Profit: Maximise long-term growth, enabled by further investment
in our company and employees.
- Productivity: Be a highly effective, lean and fast-moving organisation.
Our values serve as a compass for our actions and describe how
we behave in the world.
- Independence: Acting in our customers’ best interest
- Leadership: The courage to shape a better future
- Collaboration: Leverage collective genius
- Integrity: Be real
- Accountability: If it is to be, it’s up to me
- Passion: Committed in heart and mind
- Diversity: To be inclusive with all stakeholders
- Quality: What we do, we do well
We are currently members of the following procurement framework networks:
- Excel Scotland
- Fusion 21
- North East University Procurement Collaboration (NEUPC)
- North East Procurement (NEP)
- Procurement For All
- Procure Plus
- Welsh Purchasing Consortium (WPC)
Working at the peak of the asbestos industry, we are able to offer alliances and membership with the following professional trade bodies:
- Asbestos Control and Abatement Division (ACAD)
- United Kingdom Asbestos Training Association (UKATA)
- British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS)
- British Safety Council (BSC)
We pride ourselves in being an impartial and independent asbestos company with no ties to asbestos removal contractors. However, we are regularly required to manage projects “end to end” and in these circumstances offer our clients access to a national network of approved and licensed asbestos removal contractors.
Two decades have passed since we started on our journey and we have been privileged to have worked with so many great people within our company and as customers.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of those people we have worked with – thank you.
Our plan for the future is to consolidate our successes and to offer better and even more effective services.
We look forward to the next 20 years working with our team and our customers.”
Directors, Environtec Ltd